Marathon Stats

Since I'm going to be training to run a marathon you can go here to check out my training schedule. http://bit.ly/gmxxPQ

Friday, February 03, 2006

Grettings from Texas

Well I've been here 6 days now and all is well. I've had three job interviews up to this point and all of them have asked me back for a second interview. I have one 'second' interview left and the position seems to be what I want. So Monday morning I need to be ready to earn my spot at the company I want to be a part of.
These six days have given me the chance to realize and discover a few things here in Texas. One of the more obvious things and probably my first observation of my new living quarters, was that I live directly under a flight path. I live approx. a half mile from DFW airport and from my observations their landing strip is in line with my apartment. At first it was really annoying and bugged the hell out of me, then I went outside on my balcony to check it out and it was amazing. At around 7:00pm if you go out and look in the opposite direction you can see the light of as many as 12 planes in the air waiting to land. When they do make their approach it is awesome, they come with about 200 feet of the roof of my building...so close you can read the logos on the planes. I don't know why but I think it is really cool now. Another observation is that I haven't found nearly as many beautiful little blonde girls as I had imagined, but then again I haven't really been in any "younger" areas of the Dallas area yet...so stay tuned on that topic for now. The crapiest (is that how you spell it?) observation I have made so far is that the water here SUCKS. I went without water for the first 3 days here (I now have 5 gallons from the store in my fridge) and apparently that was a very poor decision. I went to the gym yesterday for my first time back to the gym in maybe 6 months and had a trainer session. Good thing I had a trainer with me becuase I started getting dizzy and seeing stars...apparently I was dehydrated. So I'm going back tomorrow and have been drinking water like a champ.
I'll leave you with one of the funny things I've heard on the radio (there have been quite a few funny things). A helicopter traffic guy was giving the traffic report and said "We've got a three car insurance seminar down there".

Peace out...Ya'll!

No comments: