Marathon Stats

Since I'm going to be training to run a marathon you can go here to check out my training schedule. http://bit.ly/gmxxPQ

Friday, April 14, 2006

on the friendship market

Well hello everybody! So what's new in Texas? Well a few things are new actually. I just had a job interview with the Dallas Mavericks on Wednesday. I think it went pretty well, they said they are going to call next week (I feel like a school girl waiting for her crush to call here cause he said he would). So I'll wait by that phone all day Monday, wondering...they like me, they like me not, they like me, they like me not, they like me.

As for school I'm finishing up this semester and I'm actually quite impressed with myself. I will finish this semester with a 3.5 most likely, so that's good.

I did see a TV show that almost mirrored my "no friend" situation. On the show 'Yes, Dear', the lead character is a mid to late 30 year old guy who hasn't done much socializing since getting married. In this episode he realizes he doesn't have any friends anymore. He explains how weird it is for guys to just "make friends". That being said he is completly right, but I think I made a friend. It was a little weird. During the break from my class tonight we were talking outside and it was almost like trying to get a date with a girl (get all your stupid homo jokes out of your head right now). It must have looked and sounded pretty ridiculous, but we started talking about stuff we do for fun, and well I don't do anything cause I don't know anyone...he wants to be my friend LOL! I wanted to laugh so bad but I held back, so were gonna go to a strip club or a bar next weekend after our final, hey at least I got something to do. The funniest part was when he asked for my number...seriously guys should not have to make friends after the age of 22 it's just plain weird.

No comments: