Marathon Stats

Since I'm going to be training to run a marathon you can go here to check out my training schedule. http://bit.ly/gmxxPQ

Monday, May 01, 2006

A different perspective

A different perspective...is what I've been given here in 'big D'. I was yanked, by my own accord, but yanked none the less from the friendly confines of the 5o5. Now at the 3 month mark I have had the opportunity to see and experience several new things.

For those of you who don't know I was just hired on with the Dallas Mavericks. I am thankful I've been given an opportunity in the industry I want to be in, to show how great I really am. I know that if I work, like I have my whole life I will be successful with the Mavericks and the sports industry.

Now, being that I am from a relatively small city, when compared to Dallas, there are few things I have noticed in the past month or so. Along with my new job comes a drive into the heart of downtown Dallas every morning...a great site. The view is very dramatic and for those of you who take for granted the skylines in big cities look again. It seems so powerful, so grand and unforgiving, but it is everything American, what we preach to the world. Its great. Also I get to drive by Texas Stadium everymorning...not the prettiest stadium in the country, but Gods favorite team plays there so it can't be all that bad right?

Summer trimesters started today; work, school, sleep, that's about it for 12 weeks. At least for the weekdays. With this job comes new friends and a new "life", I get to go out, go to basketball games, do stuff, meet people, live from a different perspective.

No comments: