Marathon Stats

Since I'm going to be training to run a marathon you can go here to check out my training schedule. http://bit.ly/gmxxPQ

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Dick goes on Vacation 33 and 1/3

**Musical Selection**
**Pretty Ricky**...no really that's their name!
**http://atlanticrecords.liquidbuilder.com/prettyricky_lns/**


First off I feel the need to clarify my musical selection tonight. No I do not enjoy the musical stylings of Pretty Ricky but shit they do have a sweet ass name. when you go to their website listen the the beginning of the song that starts up. Once they actually start singing it basically turns to crap. But it's oh so good to start with.

Now back to the trilogy (I hope at least some of you got the Naked Gun reference in the title). I know you have read the book and know how this trilogy ends but trust me the blog is much better...better graphics (?). Well I have talked about the NYC and the 5 oh 5, so it is only obvious that I talk about the big D, right? But you might say "hey Pretty Ricky, I thought you were talking about your vacation?" Well young lad I'm glad you brought that up --and thank you for the compliment--but you see after spending two and a half weeks away from Dallas, it felt like a vacation getting back here.

So I get back to Dallas on New Years day and Ben is there to pick me up, I think he would have been there no matter what. Every time I called him with a new plane reservation he didn't even hesitate to let me know he'd be there. Once I landed in Texas and my friends were dying to tell me stories of the weeks past and the times they had while I was gone, not to rub it in but more of a wish you were here tone.

I get in my truck, drive home, turn the key, open the door, and then finally felt relaxed. It was an odd feeling. I had the same feeling on December 15th when I turned and locked that same door knowing I wouldn't be back for a long while. Sure I did a lot of just relaxing and sleeping in on my vacation but for some reason I felt exhausted. Maybe too long of a break from the norm or not having a sense of being established in the places I was...who knows. What I do know is that I definitely needed a vacation from my vacation.

Now I'm back, school has started, I'm back at work, I got a fresh dome shave, took down the 8 week old beard and now time to start a new year. As for resolutions, they're all great and everything but I don't believe in them. I'd rather attempt to make myself better every single day...why wait for a certain day on a calendar to make yourself better?


p.s. 9 days till my 1 year Dallas anniversary.

No comments: