Marathon Stats

Since I'm going to be training to run a marathon you can go here to check out my training schedule. http://bit.ly/gmxxPQ

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Dick goes on Vacation (part duex)

**Musical Selection**
**Swollen Members**
http://www.swollenmembers.com/06/
**Check out 'Deep End' and 'Fuel Injected' Right on the home page.**
In my last post I spoke of the incredible ride of a trilogy you may choose to take a ride on and not to disappoint (or maybe it's disappointing who knows) here is part duex.
After my action packed trip to the NYC, I figured my time in the ABQ would be the opposite. I thought I'd be able to hang out and just relax to finish off my 2006...oh boy was I wrong. I got home and it seemed as if all the little socialites that had spread across the country were back in the 5 oh 5 for the big weekend filled with Judeo-Christian celebrations a plenty (how's that for politically correct?). Friend I hadn't seen since I left for Dallas last January were back and of course there were the friends that never left...even the ones who are "too smart to be here". I ended up going out every night I was back home except the "eve's" both Christmas and New Years. It is so much fun to go out with different people every night, this is the first trip back home that I think I got to see almost everyone (sorry if I didn't hang out with you...I promise next time). It actually got to the point where my dad would ask me "where's the party at tonight?", I think he actually found it a little entertaining that I came home at 3-4am every morning. So if you bought me a drink, shot, cocktail, hooker, or late night hot dog...thank you and in most cases phi alpha.
So that was the fun...now for the RIDICULOUSNESS! So it's December 29th and I'm sitting on my plane ready to leave on my way back to big ole freakin' D and the following were the events that occurred as I believe them to be true: {it has been snowing for an hour but doesn't look that bad} plane gets de-iced and ready for take off, we taxi out to the run way, we make a U-turn (not good), I see the terminal (really not good), after sitting on the plane for an hour and at the gate I call southwest and tell them I want to fly out the next day, wish granted, my bags are still checked but it will be alright I'll get them tomorrow when I get to Dallas right? Wrong! Not only did I have my Friday morning flight cancelled, I also had my Saturday morning and new Saturday afternoon flight cancelled. So I go to stay and play in the snow...and play we did. Since we are desert kids and not used to this amount of snow we went crazy; snowball fights a plenty, a 9' snowman...that's right 9 FLIPPIN FEET TALL, and full contact football in 18" of powder FUN. So I wasn't able to get out of Albuquerque till New Years Day and was finally able to acquire my luggage which missed me dearly after 4 days on its own.
So as chapter duex came to a close it was such a relief to get on that plane and head "home" to Dallas on New Years morning. How fitting after the year I had and the turbulent ending to 2006 that I was able to get the first flight to Dallas in 2007, a fresh start for me and a new year to learn and grow. And what did I learn in part duex? It can best be summed up in this lyric..."friends, friends, friends, you and I will be, whether in fair or in dark stormy weather, we'll stand or we'll fall together

No comments: