Marathon Stats

Since I'm going to be training to run a marathon you can go here to check out my training schedule. http://bit.ly/gmxxPQ

Monday, January 01, 2007

Dick goes on Vacation (part I)

**Musical Selection**
**Eli Young Band**

So I just spent the last 17 days in every time zone except the pacific and oh boy do I have some stories. I figured to be able to deliver all the stories I have, I needed to break them up. Here enters the Dick goes on Vacation trilogy. Yes that's right folks a freakin' trilogy, that's how action packed the last 17 days of my life were. So sit back, stay glued to your computer, and wait for the next two installments, but for now here is part I.
To begin my vacation I spent 5 days in New York City. Our hotel was located right in the heart of midtown Manhattan. When we got there the hotel had screwed up our reservation and they only had one room left...the freakin' penthouse! No not the kind with dirty pictures but the kind with several rooms and a wrap around balcony with amazing views of the entire city...it was amazing.
We did all the major "tourist" things you should do while in NYC; Statue of Liberty, ground zero, the top of the empire state building, central park, two broadway plays, times square (during the day and night), Rockafeller plaza (you know the place with the big ass tree), the UN building, Grand Central Station, and pretty much wore ourselves out.
It was a trip that every American should make in their lifetime. So many great sites and sounds (apparently honking your horn is like a language out there). So much to do and just an amazing place. Everywhere you look it feels as if you are about to be swallowed up by a monster with buildings for teeth.
I guess if I were to take one thing from that trip it would have to be the pace of life. People are in such an amazing hurry to get things done. I guess when you live with 9 million other people you can kinda get left behind if you don't make yourself known. A lot of those people know no other way to live, but that lifestyle is definetly not for me, an amazing city, yes...but a place for me to live, no. I enjoy having downtime, I enjoy friends and family and not needing to always be in your face or on the go and that seemed to be the NYC way. So adios east coast, and hello again southwest.

No comments: