Marathon Stats

Since I'm going to be training to run a marathon you can go here to check out my training schedule. http://bit.ly/gmxxPQ

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

4/16/2007

Here's your funny haha for the day...
*http://bahb.net/index.php?page=playvideo&id=457*


Okay hopefully you have wiped the tears of laughter out of your eyes from the previous video, now on to the mooshy stuff.

As everyone by now knows April 16th will go down as one of the worst days in American history. This was a horrific event that is hard to understand. This being said I don't want to waste your time talking about the same stuff you've heard on CNN and Foxnews for the last 48 hours straight...so I'll take this on from a different angle.

33 people lost their lives yesterday (way to set the mood I know...sorry). Through all the "breaking news" and repetitive reporting one thought had been continually running through my head the past two days, "what if I lost 33 people in my life". I understand this maybe a selfish point of view considering the recent events but stay with me now. I had no immediate ties with anyone at VT, but what if that happened at UNM? Wow. What a thought huh? What if that did hit closer to home? What if it happened at SAE and I lost 33 brothers? I am not in anyway trying to lessen the events that took place, rather put them in prospective for me.

It makes you wonder what's the point of holding grudges against your closest friends and family. Sure you're allowed to be mad at people or upset with them every now and again, it's natural that someone is going to do something to piss you off sometimes. But what if tomorrow morning you woke up and that person was gone and you could never talk (or argue) with them again...would you feel guilty? What if when you woke up tomorrow morning you knew that your last memory of that person was going to be of a fight, disagreement, shit talking...whatever. Someone once told me that the people you are nearest to are the ones who can make you angry the easiest. I think that's true, but you need to also remember why they are close to you. True friends and family may be able to upset you, but what would your life be like without them?

So before you go to bed tonight, let's hope that you don't have any outstanding feuds with those closest to you, and if you do...resolve them, because in the grand scheme of things it's probably not that important. Make sure those around you know that you care for them, and surround yourself with people who care for you. We can only hope that something this tragic doesn't happen to us...

No comments: