Marathon Stats

Since I'm going to be training to run a marathon you can go here to check out my training schedule. http://bit.ly/gmxxPQ

Monday, August 25, 2008

Dick's Mavs departure

Alright well it happened I sent a call out to the masses to pen the next chapter of my life. "someone out there needs to hurry up and get to writing, write the next chapter of my book dammit! I have an MBA you have to listen to me now! Write...oh yah and throw in a cute blonde girl somewhere...", this is a direct quotation from a post on Cinco de Mayo (really I was blogging on Cinco de Mayo? Man, I'm getting old). So yeah I wrote that about 4 and a half months ago. Guess what?! Someone picked up the damn pen!

That's right folks someone has decided to start freakin' writing. Last Tuesday I was offered and accepted a job as an IT (information technologies) Recruiter for a staffing firm right here in Irving. So what do I know about IT? Not a damn thing. But what do I know about kickin' ass and taking names? Well not much of that either. But I'm a good employee, and a hard worker. This job is a great opportunity with no cap on how much I can make and where this can take me. I have never done a job that has a commission, but I thought I'd give it a try because I've always busted my butt at work (plus it has a base salary so I'm not screwed if I suck) and I think it's about time I get paid as such. So sure I've never done anything in the staffing industry or with IT before but that doesn't matter. A friend from one of my classes at UD is the one who refereed me to the position. He came in with the same experience or lack thereof and now 3 years later he is running his own branch. I'm not saying I'm going to take the staffing world by storm but I'm very confident in the fact that I will have success at whatever I'm doing.

So now for the cute blonde girl part, seriously people if you're gonna write a story doesn't there always have to be a hot fling in there somewhere? Don't you know anything about writing? I guess not...

No comments: